Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 162: Job 34:37 - 37:24

I love the picture of God that Elihu paints in this passage. What he said about God and how big He is is just such an awesome revelation that I wish more people would understand. He completely griped Job out for thinking that he somehow had the right and the authority to yell at and gripe out the Almighty God. Elihu reminds us that God isn't just some small human down on the same level as all of the rest of us. God isn't some finite being that can slip up or make mistakes. God is the creator of the universe and He holds this tiny insignificant speck of a universe in the palm of His hand. There has never been nor will ever be anything that could ever compare to God so the next time one of us thinks that we have the right to tell God how things should be, maybe we should think again.

- Lord, help me to remember that I could never even think about questioning You or Your ways. You are so high above anything I could ever imagine and help me to always be aware of the fact that You are Holy and blaming my problems on You is the dumbest thing I could ever think of. -

No comments: