Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 156: Job 14:22 - 18:20

It's very interesting to see how influenced the words of Job and his friends are by the devil. You know, the immature, shallow understanding of the devil would say that it is impossible for him to tell the truth, but the fact is that he does know how to tell the truth and he usually tells us just enough truth to convince us that he's right, but not nearly enough truth to help us find victory. Reading through the things that Job and his friends have been saying, there really are alot of principles that, when in the proper context, are true statements, but when brought into the light of the wrong situation bring nothing but fighting and confusion. I understand that there are obvious psychological and emotional benefits from talking out the things that are bothering us, but one thing we must always be careful of is that we are sure that what is coming out of our mouth is based on the Word of God and the faith we have in it. Otherwise, the devil will grab hold of the things we say and I promise you he will not let go until our lives have been ruined.

- Lord help me to not just say whatever sorry negative thing pops into my head at any given moment. And give me the strength to ignore the negative destructive words of those around me. The only words that I need to hear are the ones that come from Your mouth because I know those are the words that will bring new life and blessings. - 

No comments: