Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 141: 2 Chr 33:25 - 36:22

There is alot to take in in this passage, but I want to focus on one phrase that really hit me. When Josiah decided to clean up the temple, some of the men working found the Book of Moses. Whenever they brought it to Josiah and read it to him, the Bible says that he ripped his robes into pieces in dismay. It's sad to think how many people there are in this world and how many of them desperately need to hear the Bible. Sadly, though, I can't help but wonder how many of them would really be upset enough to tear their robes and go into mourning. I've seen plenty of people hear the Word and perhaps be a little bummed out about it. I've seen people hear the Bible and just laugh and shrug it off as if it were some sort of silly joke. I've seen people get so angry that all they want to do now is prove that the Bible is wrong and that everything they're doing is right. Unfortunately, this is one subject that we have very little control over. I can get on my knees and repent for myself and change my own life, but I can't change the hearts of all of those people not yet ready to accept God's Word. My point is, all we can do for those people is pray. Pray that they don't end up like the nation of Judah - making somewhat of a decision to change when it's already too late. Please join with me in prayer for those people so that they may accept God's Word and turn their lives around so they can take part in the blessings that God has in store for them. 

- Lord, right now I pray for those whose hearts have turned against You. I understand that some may only have one more chance to hear Your Word, and I pray that You being to soften their hearts and bring things and influences into their lives to help them realize that Your way is the only way to go. Bring them confirmation and peace when they do choose You over their pagan gods so that they will know that they have now chosen the One True God. -

No comments: