Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 151: Esther 4:17 - 9:31

I realize that the main focus of the entire book of Esther is Esther herself, but since I wrote about her in my last post, I'd like to write about the other big character in this wonderful story - Mordecai. Mordecai is the perfect example of what happens when you choose to live your life with real integrity. Mordecai could have very easily ignored what he heard about the attempts on the kings life, but instead he decided to do the right thing and report it. What's interesting is that there was some noticeable time that passed by between the time that he saved the kings life and the time that he was repaid. And yet Mordecai never complained or griped about what he deserved. He just continued doing what God had called him to do and look what happened. God came down in his darkest hour and not only saved him, but saved an entire group of people. It's important enough to understand that integrity can have a huge impact on our own future, but what we must remember is that the future of an entire group of people may be riding on whether or not you live your life with integrity.

- Lord, give me the strength to live my life with the highest level of integrity. It's easy to live right when everyone's watching, but I want to make You happy even when I'm the only one around. I want my integrity to not only help out my own future, but help me lead my generation back to Your arms! -

No comments: