Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 142: 2 Chr 36:23 - Ezra 2:69

You know, going through and reading the Bible is alot like the Christian walk itself. I have to be honest, there have been a few spots so far going through the Bible that things were starting to get pretty rough and there were a couple of times where in my flesh, I really just wanted to stop reading the Bible and find something a little easier to do - like play through a video game or start reading some sort of adventure novel. Just like it has been reading through the Old Testament so far, I've come across times throughout my walk with the Lord where things were starting to get a little tough and dark and, to be honest, I've had a couple of times when I thought about just dropping out and being a nominal Christian like so many others out there today. You know, some sort of "user-friendly" Christianity where I could follow the rules I liked and the ones that made me appear to be much more advanced and mature than the people around me, but I would conveniently ignore the parts where God commands us to live every part of our lives with integrity regardless of who is watching or the parts about giving ourselves wholly to the Father and not leaving any part for the world or for the devil. As easy as it would be for me to just drop out and leave things as they are right now, I know that in doing that, I would never get to the part in my life where God takes me from all of the nonsense and frustration that comes from living a carnal life and drops me right back into the middle of His will. After what seemed like and eternity of reading about the Children of Israel messing up and missing the mark and causing trouble, I'm finally seeing the redemptive power that has been promised all throughout the passages I've read so far. And as I read through the book of Ezra, I can't help but believe that, just as the Children of Israel are heading back to the place that God has called them, God is completing the final stages of preparing me for the work that I know He has called me to. Not work that revolves around me making as much money as I can and trying my hardest to advance my career, but work that involves me reaching as many people as I can and trying my hardest to advance the Kingdom of God. I am finally coming out of captivity and this is the hour that I will see the redemption that God has promised me for years! I choose to mark this day in my mind because this is the darkest things will ever be and the lowest that my life will ever get!

- Lord, I choose to stand firm and not lean to the right or to the left. I can finally see the end of this chapter in my life and I will continue to look forward towards the blessing and the call that You've placed on my life. Help me to not forget what I've learned in the valley so that I will be able to take it and help others get to the place where You have called them to be! -

No comments: