Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 150: Neh 13:20 - Esther 4:16

In the story of Esther, we see a wonderful example of a person who understands that the call on her life is so much bigger and more important than life itself. I'm sure there were probably alot of Jews at that time who, given the circumstances that Esther was in, would probably have just kept their mouths shut and prayed that the king didn't come after them as well. It takes a certain level of commitment to be brave and make the kind of decision that Esther made, but I believe it's also a level of commitment that can only come from God changing our hearts as we stand completely willing and ready for Him to totally rearrange our hearts and turn our lives upside down. Being a careful Christian may get you to Heaven, but God didn't call us to be careful Christians, He called us to be passionate, strong men and women of God!

Lord, help me to have the kind of heart that Esther had for You. It's easy to say that I would be willing to die for You, but it's another thing to honestly be willing to die for You if faced with the choice. But regardless of whether or not that choice may ever come, I want to be known as someone who is not afraid of what man can do, but is only afraid of what might happen if I don't stand up and do what You've called me to do. -

No comments: