Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 159: Job 24:25 - 28:28

It's interesting and yet a little sad to read about Job's search for "Wisdom." I know that the book of James wasn't even close to being around at this time, but James 1:5 tells us that if we are lacking in Wisdom, all we have to do is ask God for it and He will gladly give it to us. And although that passage had not yet been recorded on paper, I believe that the principle has always been the same. It's so very encouraging to be reminded that we don't have to travel all of the world in search of wisdom. We don't have to suffer through seeing our entire family die, or sit around while God "punishes" us in order to finally gain wisdom. We don't even have to fall on our faces and tear our clothes screaming out and begging for it, all we have to do is ask God and He will be more than happy to not only give it to us, but give it to us in excess.

- Lord, help me to not waste my time searching in futility for a wisdom that I'll never be able to find on my own. Help me to not be like Job crying about how man can never find wisdom. Help me to keep these principles deep within my heart so that when the time comes and the attack is at hand I will remember that I don't have to scramble or panic, I just have to ask and You will give me the wisdom that I need. -

No comments: