Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 158: Job 21:18 - 24:24

I'm sure I've probably already presented this point once, but I want to go back and visit the importance of listening to God before you start handing out advice and counsel to others. Though it's entirely possible that Job's friends did seek God before they went and talked to Job, there's nothing in the book about it. And based on the wide variety of opinions and things that they said to him, it would appear that most of the things they're saying are just their human opinions. As Christians there will inevitably be times when those around us look to us for help and advice and one of the worst things that a believer can do is ignore what God is saying and just spew out their thoughts and opinions. The world doesn't need our logic or our opinions, they've got plenty of those for themselves. What they need from us is the life changing Word of God that can break down barriers and change lives in an instant.

- Father, help me to rely on You to give me the answers when those around me are asking. Help me to not rely on what I think or what I feel, but rather help me to rely on the Words that come out of Your mouth. -

No comments: