Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 161: Job 31:40 - 34:36

I must say I'm starting to like this guy Elihu. Although Job said some really stupid things and have some really stupid friends, he was very blessed to have a friend like Elihu who was willing to sit and listen before he spoke up and delivered the message that God wanted him to deliver. I think each and every one of us either have been or will be in the situation at some point where we'll have the floor and the opportunity to share with someone else what God is saying to them through us. And when that time comes, we have a choice whether we want to be like the first 3 friends and just shoot off our mouths and "give them a piece of our mind," or whether we want to be like Elihu and listen to the entire story as well as listen to God before we even dare open our mouths to speak. I think I would personally rather chose the second option. Helping out a friend in need is alot more important than letting them know my opinion.

- Lord, help me to be a supportive, loving friend who is willing to listen to You and follow Your guidance when it comes to giving advice to those around me. Also, thank You for the friends You've given me who are willing and able to wait on You and hear what You have to say before giving me advice. Their opinions are somewhat important, but Yours is much more so. -

No comments: