Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 363: Rev 13:1 - 16:21

My goodness, the severity and scope of the wrath of God in these passages is simply mind-boggling. I can see how someone unfamiliar with God and how He works could possibly look at these verses and think, "How could a loving God do all of this to people?" The first time I was presented with this question, I have to admit that I wasn't really sure how to answer it. But after getting to know my Father a little bit more, I've come to realize that none of these things were done because God was mean or wanted to do them to people. All of this will happen as a result of the human race choosing rebellion over obedience. The simple fact that God is warning us about all of this is a pretty big indication of the fact that He is more merciful than any of us would ever be. This book is a warning of what God will be forced to do to those who refuse to accept Him and chose to follow the sin and selfishness that plagues our world. God is a just God and justice will be served. It's up to us whether or not we will be a part of it.

- Father, thank You for being merciful on us and letting us know what terrible things will happen if we don't choose to follow You. Help us to keep our eyes on You not only so that we can escape Your wrath, but so that we can rescue others as well. -

No comments: