Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 350: I Timothy 1:1 - 6:21

I believe that there's alot to be learned from the dynamic between Paul and Timothy. It's obviously safe to say that Timothy and his ministry would definitely not have been what it was without Paul, but I would also venture to say that Paul's life and ministry would not have been the same had he not had someone life Timothy to sow himself into. I think alot of times believers tend to view themselves as a Timothy needing a Paul in their lives so that they can get some good advice and direction and that's all they need to grow themselves and their ministries. I believe that as important as it is for each of us to have a mentor so that we can learn and be shown the correct way to live out this Christian life, it's also important for each of us to find people whose lives we personally can sow into. We all need to realize that there comes a point when the only way to continue to "fill out cup" is to empty out a little bit into someone else's. This life as a believer is not to simply get all we can, but it is to sow into the lives of other believers so that together we can take this city, state, nation, world, and generation for Christ!

-Father, help me to focus on sowing into someone else's life today. As much as I may desire to advance my own ministry and my own relationship with You, I know that there is someone else out there who needs my help in order to what You have called them to. -

No comments: