Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 345: Eph 4:1 - 6:24

Interestingly enough, whereas the first half of the book of Ephesians is all about who we are in Christ, the second half deals with how we should behave in Christ. Sadly, there are alot of believers today who seem to think that because we live under the grace of God, we are allowed to act any way we want and do anything we want because we can just say that we live by grace and then ask God to forgive us and we'll be just fine. But if there's one phrase that clarifies everything, it's 5:1 - "Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children. . ." Our job as believers is not to see how close we can get to the line before crossing it or even figuring out where the line is. Our job is to be imitators of Christ and follow God's example. And, yes, as humans we will inevitably slip and fall, but God knows our hearts and if we will set our hearts towards living a life after His example, He will honor that and give us the strength to do it right.

- Lord, I want to spend the rest of my life following Your example. I know that it's not a task I can complete on my own, but with Your help and Your strength, I know I can accomplish anything. -

No comments: