Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 344: Eph 1:1 - 3:20

The book of Ephesians is the perfect place for someone to look who has not yet discovered their identity in Christ. It's always interesting reading through the book of Ephesians and being reminded that a large number of encouraging verses of scripture that I learned as a little boy can be found in this book of the Bible. I would venture to say that the average believer today has some sort of identity crisis that is holding them back from where and who they need to be in Christ. But when we open up this book and begin learning exactly what God has done for and promised us, we begin to see that God has ". . . blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ (1:3)," "in Him we have the redemption through His blood (1:7)," and that "it is by grace that you have been saved (2:8)!" God hasn't made this relationship with Him complicated. It's not some sort of cryptic, enigmatic puzzle that we are bound to try to piece together for the rest of our lives. God lays it all out on the table for anyone who wants it. We all have a very specific identity in Christ and if we will take the time to learn exactly what that is, we can finally starting living who we are in Christ.

- Lord, thank You for revealing to me exactly who I am in You. Help me to never forget who and what You've called me to be. I know that Your Word is the blueprint to my life and if I will know and follow what You have said, I cannot fail. -

No comments: