Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 277: Matt 12:1 - 13:36

In the middle of chapter 12, Jesus talks about people being 100% faithful. It's so awesome how God works because my wife and I were discussing this very same principle this afternoon. God has not called us to be "on the fence" about anything. We serve a God who is " all or nothing" and He expects His children to be the same. There are many believers out there who honestly have 80% of their hearts devoted to God and the remaining 20% to money. Sadly, the logical human would likely say that that is a pretty fair deal. But God very clearly states that if we don't trust in Him 100%, we may as well not trust in Him at all. God doesn't want part of our hearts, God wants every single ounce of our lives. We serve a jealous God and He neither deserves nor tolerates us serving more than one master. God's Word says that He would rather us be hot or cold, all or nothing with Him. So I encourage everyone to re-evaluate your trust in God and make the decision to put 100% of your faith in Him so that you will truly be His follower.

- Lord, light me on fire and give me what it takes to be an "All or nothing" Christian. Help me to serve only You and fix my eyes on nothing else. You are the only God I serve and I know that that is the only way You would ever allow it. -

No comments: