Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 268: Nahum 3:1 - Zeph 1:18

In between the books of Nahum and Zephaniah, there is a little book called Habakkuk that contains some very interesting passages. Whereas most of those prophets have been speaking for God, Habakkuk is one of the few who recorded his discussions with God. The prophet was not particularly in agreement with God regarding Babylon invading and he was not too shy to express that sentiment to God. After he explained to God how he felt, he did something that is very important for us to take note of - he waited. That simple act of waitig may not mean a whole lot to you or I, but in doing so, he let God know that he wanted to hear God's answer. And guess what? God came and answered Habakkuk. So many times, we as Christians tend to let God know how we feel and then just walk away before He responds. In His response, God reminded Habakkuk that He was sovereign and whether or not Habakkuk understood, God was still going to make the right decision.

- Father, although I may not always understand or agree with the things You have said or done, give me the patience to wait on You and hear Your voice. I know if I will wait on You, You will speak to me and show me Your will! -

No comments: