Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 261: Hos 3:1 - 8:14

Hosea is such an interesting book because God asks a man to do what would consider to one of the most difficult things in the world just to illustrate a very simple, yet very relevant point - God's love for us is in no way dependent upon our actions or even our own love for Him. I do plan on digging a little deeper into that point tomorrow, but today I want to focus on the part of this story that isn't that commonly discussed - Hosea's obedience. It's relatively easy for most of us to say something like, "Oh yeah, I would do anything God asks me no matter what," but I'm not convinced that anyone I know would be willing to marry a prostitute because God said to. All too often we as humans tend to take what God says and weigh it against our own loic. We need to learn how to be more like Hosea and understand that God can see much farther than us and rather than putting Him and His Word in our little box, maybe we should do what He says and trust that His will will be accomplished through our obedience.

- Lord, help me to be obedient to You Word regardless of whether or not it makes sense to me. Help me to remember that Your perspective is much higher than mine and You will never tell me to do something without giving me the tools to do it. -

No comments: