Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 254: Ez 41:1 - 44:15

In this passage, we see the God is faithful to reveal to us the things that He wants to do in our lives even when we can't really see how it could happen. At the time of the vision that God is giving Ezekiel, The children of Israel have been in exile, the temple is crushed and it doesn't look like there's much hope for anyone. But God was faithful to show Ezekiel how things will end up turning out not just so he could have something to look forward to, but so that he would understand that the promises of God are true. We oftentimes go through situations where it seems like all hope is lost and there's nothing we can do about it. We just sit and mope about how difficult life is, but if we will just close our eyes and look through the eyes of the Father, we will be able to see what He truly wants to happen in our lives. We can't start walking if we don't know what direction to go in. And if we will surrender and give God control, He can show us where to go, how to get there, and what it will be like once we're there.

- Lord, I want to see what You have in store for me. I don't just want to see it so I can say "I told you so," I want to see what You have for me so I can begin preparing now so that when the time is right, I will be ready to drop everything and perform Your work. -

No comments: