Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 297: Luke 7:16 - 8:56

I love the encounter at the beginning of this passage that Jesus had with John's disciples. The disciples of John came to Jesus asking Him who He was, but rather than sitting there and telling them everything, He simply did what the Father told Him to and let the people judge for themselves. I believe as Christians, we often-times find ourselves in those situations where people are looking at us wondering who we really are. And it seems that all too often, good Christians decide to try to talk themselves up and somehow try to convince those around them that they really are something special. So many Christians waste their time doing those things when all they really need to do is shut up and let God do the work through them. God's Word is like a roaring lion and it's not our job to defend it, it's simply our job to let it loose and watch it do it's own thing.

- Lord, when I feel the urge to stand up and try to convince people of how special I am and all of the great things I will do, remind me that my job is simply to do Your work. And I know that if I will just keep my eyes on that, You will take care of the rest. -

No comments: