Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 296: Luke 5:19 - 7:15

These days it's a very common theme that people should always talk about God's Word and keep their confessions positive and upbeat, but Jesus takes it one step farther than simply knowing and having a basic understanding of what the Bible tells us. Jesus encourages us to not only know what the Bible says, but to also know what to do to apply it to our own personal lives. As important as it is to know what the Bible says, we must LIVE what the Bible says in order for it to truly produce fruit in our lives. You know, if you think about it, the devil knows what the Bible says. In fact, the devil probably knows more about what the Bible says than most Christians do. The key is not so much about knowledge as it is about revelation. When we read God's Word, we need to ask Him to show us exactly what He wants us to see and in doing so we will not only learn the Words that He said, but the spirit of His Words will be burned deep into our hearts.
- Father, give me true revelation of Your Word so that I won't only know it in my head, I will have Your Word dee down in my heart where it will produce fruit and take me to the place where You have called me to be! -

No comments: