Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 295: Luke 3:16 - 5:18

I love this story in Luke 4 about Jesus being tempted by the Devil in the wilderness. One of the best examples we could ask for about being prepared is right here in this passage. There are so many Christians out there today who aren't even close to being prepared for the attacks of the Devil, but we see in this passage the way that we should all respond when he comes to us to tempt us. The devil loves to catch us off guard and it seems to me that the best time to catch anyone off guard is in the middle of a 40 day fast. Not only was Jesus out in the desert, he was starving and, no doubt, barely hanging on physically. And yet despite all of His physical disadvantages, He was still prepared spiritually to the point where when the devil came to Him with all these temptations and tests, Jesus was able to stand firm and throw the Scripture right in his face. Just as Jesus had the strength to do that, We also can fill our spirits with God's Word so when the devil does come and try to knock us down, we can stand firm in what God has promised us.

- Lord, help me to always be prepared for any attack that the devil may throw my way. Help me to hide Your Word deep inside my heart so that no matter what happens, I will always have what it takes to block the attacks of the devil and send him packing! -

No comments: