Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 3: Gen 7:1 - 10:20

When reading this passage, I can't help but think about Psalm 91:7 which says, "A Thousand could fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you." God could have very easily just left Noah and his family to fend for themselves and figure out their own way to survive, but God prepared a way out for them. In fact God even went so far as to seal up the door behind them. I think that this wasn't just an obvious thing that God did to keep the boat from leaking, but I think it's also very symbolic of what God is willing to do for us. if we will do as Noah did and do everything that God commands us, he'll be faithful to take care of the little details that could end up getting in the way.

- God, help me to keep my faith in You and remember that even if the world is falling apart outside, You're faithful to protect me. Help me to listen to your voice and not worry about the little things. As long as I'm faithful to do the things that you ask of me, I know that you'll be faithful to take care of the small details. - 

No comments: