Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 322: Acts 12:1 - 14:13

I would venture to say that most people, after reading this passage, would be able to point out a handful of very specific "roadblocks" or deterrents to the ministry of Peter and Paul, and yet we can see very plainly that the things that could have very well stopped the Word of God just became fuel to the fire. I would venture to say that many of us would be very likely to give up when faced with being put into prison like Peter. And as sad as it is to say this, I can imagine that alot of us would probably just turn and go the other way if we stepped into a town where a demonic wizard was getting all of the attention. All too often, believers live their lives trying to avoid conflict and discomfort and yet we see hundreds of times throughout the Bible that conflict and discomfort are exactly what God's Word needs in order to flourish and spread like wildfire. I would encourage everyone reading this devotional to start considering the difficulties in your life currently and realize that they aren't there to stop you, they're there so you can break through them and experience the kind of victory that only comes from living a life devoted to God and His Word.

- Lord, help me to stop looking at the difficulties in my life as opportunities to fail, but rather look at them as opportunities to be an overcomer. Help me to remember that pressure and discomfort are a huge part of becoming stronger, and although I may not enjoy it now, I have been given everything I need to overcome and grow stronger in my walk with You. -

No comments: