Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 324: Acts 17:1 - 19:13

It's very encouraging to see what Paul did regarding the ministry when he first arrived in Athens. We see in Chapter 17 verse 16, Paul had been waiting for Silas and Timothy to arrive. As Paul waited though, he began to grow more and more upset about the evil idolatrous lifestyles that the people were living. So instead of waiting for the boys to show up so they could go to work, Paul took the initiative and went to work on His own. Paul could have very easily just waited around for the other two to show up before he went to work, but Paul understood that his call to preach the Word of God was dependent on nobody but himself. It is an undeniable fact that God has given each and every one of us relationships that either have been or will be instrumental in furthering His kingdom, but we must understand that although God has given us those relationships, we don't have to rely on anyone else to do the work that God has called us to do. If God has called us to something, we don't have to wait around for someone else to initiate it. God's call on our lives is dependent upon our obedience to Him and if we will obey, He will take care of the rest.

- Father, give me the strength to not rely so heavily on other people in my life to accomplish what You have called me to do. I know that you have placed those relationships in my life to help me, but I also know that You are the only One I need to rely on and my obedience to You will help me achieve all that You've called me to. -

No comments: