Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 321: Acts 10:1 - 11:30

Upon first reading this passage for the first time, many people would have the same thought - If the angel came down to Cornelius to tell him that he needed to send for Peter, why couldn't the angel have just preached the Gospel to Cornelius right then and there and save Peter a trip? One thing that we must all understand about God is that He isn't nearly as concerned with efficiency as we are. Regardless of whether or not sending Peter all the way to Cornelius' house was efficient, it was absolutely necessary because, if you'll remember, Jesus didn't send His angels to go into all the world and preach the Gospel, He sent us, His followers. All too often, we as believers get so caught up in the irrelevant details when God is standing right there telling us what to do. God called ME to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every living creature so that is exactly what I need to do. Sure, there are definite reasons that God made the angels and throughout history they have done some amazing things, but when it comes to spreading God's Word, He reserved that special job for His children.

- Lord, help me to listen closely to Your voice. Help me to not sit around and rely on someone else to do the job that You have called me to do. You are the reason I am here and Your voice is the only voice that I need to hear. Help me to be obedient to everything You have to say so that I can go out and accomplish exactly what You want. -

No comments: