Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 338: I Cor 15:1 - 16:24

Although the majority of us understand and completely believe that we will all one day be raised from the dead to live again with Christ, I would venture to say that many of us don't usually stay mindful of that fact. Although in this passage, Paul is specifically talking to those groups of people who don't believe in any sort of resurrection at all, I think it's still a good passage for us to read and think about. All too often as Christians we find ourselves getting incredibly caught up with our lives here on earth. Even when our motives are good and we're focusing on things like God's call on our lives and how we're going to reach the world, we tend to forget that there's alot more to come once we're gone. We need to always remember that although God has put us on this earth for a season and although we have a specific order to serve Him and follow him down here, we will be spending the rest of eternity with Him once we leave here and more than getting things in order down here, we need to be taking care of things for the part of our lives that will really matter. I would dare to say that alot of us tend to focus more on ourselves doing something for God than we do on God Himself. God definitely wants us to carry out the plans He's made for us, but more than anything, he wants a relationship with us. And the crazy thing is that if we will focus on the relationship part of it, we not only find ourselves becoming more eternally minded, but God gives us everything we need to complete the work that He's started in us down here.

- God, I want to be more eternally minded. Help me to focus on You, the eternal, rather than getting caught up with my own temporal life. You are the only One worthy of all of my focus and You are the One I want to give it to. Give me the strength and stamina to keep my eyes on You so that every day I will become more and more spiritually minded. -

No comments: