Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 304: Luke 20:30 - 22:29

I love the challenging question that Jesus presents to the people in verse 41 of chapter 20. Although Jesus knew very well what the answer to His question was, it's so interesting to me that He chose to present a seemingly "un-answerable" question to those that were following Him. I believe the main reason he did that was so He could exercise their spirits a little bit and cause them to realize that there may still be plenty of things that they don't yet understand. So many Christians grow up in their faith believing that it's never appropriate to question God and yet we see here that God Himself was presenting a very difficult question about Himself. We must understand that questioning God is a vital part of growing in our relationship with Him. Just as Job finally found out, there are some things that we will never learn and revelations that we will never receive until we get in God's face and ask Him the difficult questions.

- Lord, help me not to be afraid or timid about asking You the questions that are on my heart. Help me to understand that there is a huge difference between asking questions out of doubt and asking questions out of a genuine desire to learn more about You. Help me to listen when You speak to me and help my faith to be strengthened by You. -

No comments: