Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 303: Luke 18:43 - 20:29

The first part of Luke 20 is a story that has honestly bugged me ever since I first read it. In this passage, The Pharisees came up and asked Jesus a pretty huge question. Rather than simply answering them directly, Jesus basically threw a similar question back at them which they couldn't answer. Then, rather than just blowing them away with an awesome answer to their question, He just tells them that He won't answer them and sends them on their way. It's pretty awesome to think of the king of confidence and surety that Jesus had to have to do that. I know most of us would probably have reacted much differently to those punks, especially if we had the knowledge and understanding that Jesus had. But we learn such a valuable lesson from this passage. Like I've said before, we often times feel the need to explain and defend and stick up for God's Word, but we need to simply realize that if we will be faithful to do what God says to do and say what He tells us to say, His Word will take care of itself.

- Lord, help me to remember that it's not my job to explain and defend Your Word to every single person that disagrees. I know that You are the only One who can change their hearts and You working in them will produce so much more than my "convincing" arguments ever could. -

No comments: